If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Project Roundup

It is Christmas Eve here in Australia and we have a beautiful bright and sunny morning here in Devonport.

Yesterday our weekly sewing group had a little more special afternoon tea. In keeping with our quilting/embroidery group and all the pinwheels we make I made some fruit mince pastry pinwheels.


For those who might like to try them I found the recipe here. I used two pastry sheets which I cut into 9 squares each. They are reasonably quick to make and look fantastic.

We also compared our progress on Clue 4 of the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter.

You can catch up with what others are doing at Bonnie's link up here.

Just a reminder if you need a quick to stitch gift for a quilter or a sewer check out my popular scissor case tutorials that I revisited last post

You might also like to make the sewing machine needle organizer which can be found here

or the cup, mug, tin organizer which can be found here. I have my mug organizer on my sewing bench all the time.




Blocks 3 and 4 have been sent out in the BFC Anniversary BOM. We now have 225 people receiving these free lessons
BFC Anniversary Block 3

BFC Anniversary Block 4


I have also stitched the block together for Row 1.
BFC Anniversary Row 1

This is Wendy's progress on the BOM with her blue tonings. Wendy and Elizabeth get to see what is happening with our BOM each Tuesday before anyone else.
Wendy's BFC Anniversary Block 4

Wendy's BFC Anniversary Row 1

BFC Anniversary Block 3


This is Elizabeth's progress with her rich metallic green, brown and plum undertones.
Elizabeth's Anniversary Block 3

BFC Anniversary Block 4

BFC Anniversary Row 1


Block 10 has also gone out in the Forest Owls BOM and I have added another row to the quilt in progress.
HIA Forest Owls Block 10


HIA Forest Owls Rows 1-3

Wendy just has to stitch down the binding on here Embellished Dogs BOM. If anyone would like to receive the past lessons for this BOM just send me  an email .
Wendy's BFC Embellished Dogs BOM quilt


1 comment:

  1. Everyone's mysteries are looking good. Thanks for the links to your other projects!

    ReplyDelete