If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday 18 July 2013

Crazy Quilt block 26

Crazy Quilt block 26 has just been sent out to those who are participating in this free BOM.
Crazy Quilt Block 26
 





 
It is cold, wet and windy here today, a great day for sewing. I am working on some of my Hoopsisters Feathered star blocks. I am up to Row 5. I am doing this quilt in just thread and not putting the applique fabric behind the sections of the star blocks. I am also not putting a border on this quilt as the blocks are done in my 9 inch hoop and it is already large enough for my bed. I plan on doing a few more of these quilts including one using the applique fabrics.  The fabric I am using is Michael Miller Fairy Frost in Snow. This fabric really showcases the beautiful quilting which is the hero feature of this quilt.
Hoopsisters Feathered Star quilt in progress
 
I am also not doing this quilt double sided but rather will put a separate back on it and complete it by stitching in the ditch between the seams.
 
As this quilt was not designed to be stitched without applique fabric you will have to edit the 4 block star designs to line up the outlines of the star points if you decide to do it this way as well.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment