If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday 12 April 2012

My new machine and working on new tutorial

My Brother PR1000
My new machine is up and running and I am coming to grips with it. I am learning a new thing about it every day. The stitch quality is great I am extremely happy with that. I have come to grips setting up the machine to stop to do applique trims. I was very worried about assigning colours to needles but there are a few ways around that and I am quite comfortable doing that task now. The one thing I do not like is threading needle the needles. I have multi focal glasses and because of that I have to turn my head in all sorts of positions. think this will be overcome with some cheap magnifying reading glasses from the pharmacy.
I am also working on a new tutorial, two types of vests for small boys but I have become a little distracted with my new toy. Hopefully will get this organised over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new machine. I would love to have one, but know that it won't happen in a long time or if ever. Enjoy stitching out big, beautiful designs.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new machine Vicki!!!! You are right about learning something new every day about it and that's just part of the great adventure of having it.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine :) :) :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun. I wish I could come and play with you. Shirley a long way off in the USA

    ReplyDelete