If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 19 November 2011

PJ'S Tree-mendous ITH Christmas Tree

PJ'S Tree-mendous ITH Christmas Tree

I have spent the day making this delightful ITH Christmas Tree wallhanging as part of the Christmas present for my secret buddy. I have admired this PJ's design for a while and it is now on special until the end of December for $19.99 so took the opportunity to purchase it. It was a bit of a gamble as I was not sure if the designs would fit the 8x8 hoop on my Janome 11000 but with a bit of rotating of a couple of the designs to fit the hoop it was perfect. I embellished the tree with pearls,beads and metallic bows that I made. I used metallic thread to embroider the centre of each section. The tree is constructed ITH as you go with previous sections being joined to the current section in the hoop. You could easily make a couple of these in a day and then spend some time in front of the tv doing the embellishng.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! I purchased it several months ago, but have not even had time to think of doing it. I should do it in January or February!
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so gorgeous Vicki, beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete