If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 27 August 2011

Pincushion in Tin Can/Pail

Pincushion in tin can/pail


I discovered this small  3 inch high tin can/pail in my doll making accessory drawer last week and decided it would make a great base for a pin cushion . I used a 6x6 ITH quilt block from Kenny Kreations. I initially measured the diameter of the small tin can (3 1/2 inches) and allowed a bit extra for the height of the padding. I rolled up a ball of wadding and put it inside the quilt block much the same way I made the cupcake pincushion. The quilt block fits in tightly so you do not have to glue it in,this means you can change it if you want to.
This idea would be great for other small containers such as terracotta flower pots etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment